THE CATHOLIC LECTIONARY WEBSITE
compiled by Felix Just, S.J., Ph.D.
A Bibliography of Lectionaries and Related Publications
Editions of the Lectionary for Mass (Roman Catholic): Second Typical Edition, 1998-2002.
- Most publishers now subdivide the Lectionary for Mass into four volumes for public liturgical use:
- Vol. 1 = Sundays and Major Feast Days - Years/Cycles A, B, C
- Vol. 2 = Weekdays, Year I - odd-numbered years, incl. feasts of saints with "proper" readings
- Vol. 3 = Weekdays, Year II - even-numbered years, incl. feasts of saints with "proper" readings
- Vol. 4 = Common of Saints, Rituals, Votives, Various Needs & Occasions
- The Liturgical Press, Collegeville, MN:
- Catholic Book Publishing, New Jersey
- Lectionary for Mass. 4 vols. Chapel Edition (smaller) - Vol. 1; Vol. 2; Vol. 3; Vol. 4
- Lectionary for Mass. 4 vols. Classic Edition (larger) - Vol. 1; Vol. 2; Vol. 3; Vol. 4
- Liturgy Training Publications, Chicago, IL:
- Liguori Publications - formerly published a CD-ROM of "The Lectionary for Mass: Volumes 1-4" with the 1998 Sunday and 2002 Weekday readings (out of print?).
- Lectionary for Masses with Children (1993) is also available in various editions.
Resources Related to the Lectionary for Mass:
- Just, S.J., Felix. The Lectionary: A Treasure for Liturgy and Prayer. Audio-CD program. Now You Know Media, 2010.
- Bonneau, Normand. The Sunday Lectionary: Ritual Word, Paschal Shape. Collegeville, MN: The Liturgical Press, 1998.
- Connell, Martin. Guide to the Revised Lectionary. Basics of Ministry Series. Chicago: LTP, 1998.
- Fuller, Reginald H., and Daniel Westberg. Preaching the Lectionary: The Word of God for the Church Today. 3rd edition. Collegeville, MN: The Liturgical Press, 2006.
- Keifer, Ralph A. To Hear and Proclaim: Introduction to the Lectionary for Mass With Commentary for Musicians and Priests. Washington, DC: National Association of Pastoral Musicians, 1983.
Revised Common Lectionary (Ecumenical):
Resources for Training Lectors:
- Wallace, C.Ss.R., James A. The Ministry of Lectors. 2nd Edition. Collegeville Ministry Series. Collegeville, MN: Liturgical Press, 2004.
- Rosser, OSB, Aelred R. Guide for Lectors. Basics of Ministry Series. Chicago: Liturgy Training Publications, 1998.
- Turner, Paul, and Virginia Meagher. Guide for Lectors. The Liturgical Ministry Series. Chicago: Liturgy Training Publications, 2007. - also in Spanish
- Workbook for Lectors and Gospel Readers. Chicago: Liturgy Training Publications. (Published annually; editions in English and Spanish, for USA and Canada).
Collections of Liturgical Homilies and Biblical Sermons:
Please help support the Catholic-Resources website by purchasing these books through Amazon.com, using the links above. Thanks!
Return to the HOME PAGE of Felix Just, S.J.
This page was last updated on
February 18, 2011
Copyright © 1999--2011